Jacqueline C. Chavis, founder of Colander-Chavis Consulting, has 29 years of extensive experience as an educator in preK-12 public education. Her experiences include middle school science teacher, science specialist, assistant principal, principal, executive director of elementary schools, deputy superintendent of curriculum and instruction and chief academic officer.
Jacqueline worked collaboratively with teachers, school and central office administrators in the states of Virginia and Georgia to share her extensive knowledge of instruction and leadership in education in order to improve outcomes for all students. Her passion to transform leadership at the school and central office levels is fueled by her success in the various positions she has served and her service to the community.
The ultimate goals of Colander-Chavis Consulting are to partner with schools and school districts to provide meaningful learning experiences to students by enhancing and transforming school and central office leadership.
Leadership Development and Enhancement
* Coach principals and assistant principals, new to the position, to balance instructional and operational
* Coach principals and assistant principal(s) in analyzing and providing feedback to teachers that lead to
* Coach staff transitioning from the role of classroom teacher to that of Department
Chairperson, Instructional/Academic Coach or Specialist
* Coach staff transitioning to central office positions from schools or other areas of the workforce
Identification and Implementation of Effective Researched Best Practices
* Identify, collect and analyze key data points in order to enhance practices that lead to positive outcomes
* Develop and implement effective school and central office professional development systems based on academic,
behavioral and attendance data
* Work collaboratively to apply knowledge, skills, and researched best practices that close achievement gaps and
maximize student academic outcomes
* Revisit daily routines and procedures to make instructional walkthroughs and observations more meaningful and
a daily priority
* Identify best practices that promote a positive school culture
* Identify strategies to increase and enhance community involvement
* Work with teams to meet, maintain and exceed state and federal requirements